International Women's Day (IWD) is a global date celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. IWD is acknowledged in Australia on Monday 8th of March 2021.
Diamond Women is a not-for-profit organisation that has worked tirelessly for 15 years to better the lives of women, support unplanned pregnancies, new mothers, fathers/partners and families.
We would like to use this important day to share a bit more information about who we are, what we do and why we are champions for women, their bodies and their babies!
The IWD theme for 2021 is #ChooseToChallenge – at Diamond Women, we “Choose to Challenge” every single day!
- We challenge perceptions (and often misconceptions) about unplanned pregnancies.
- We challenge Australian women to seek assistance, education and guidance.
- We challenge the outdated notion that an unplanned pregnancy is shameful.
Our areas of service focus on the perinatal period as we seek to reduce mental health disorders during this sensitive stage of life. We are proud to offer a variety of quality services that help mums get informed. We also have a unique mentorship program, Mum 2 Mum, and various parenting programs.
The big six areas we focus on include:
- Options Information – Education Empowers Women
- Counselling – Registered Counsellors Provide Someone to Talk To
- Pregnancy Support – To Navigate Your Pregnancy Journey Safely
- Mentorship Program – Monthly Classes with Connections to Other Mums
- Partner Support – Counselling Support for Partners/Family Members
- Post-Abortion Counselling – A Non-Judgement Space for Reflection and Healing
If you need more information or would like to find out if Diamond Women could be helpful to you, please see our contact page and speak to our friendly, confidential staff!
Written by Melanie Stevens for Diamond Women